Here is a simple guide to make meal prep super easy and minimise the washing up. Simply using one large pan you can whip up the base of your meals with minimal stress. Use the guide and the table to create numerous options!
Things you will need
- A large stock pot - something like this
- A grain - can be rice, quinoa, barley, bulgar wheat (any option from step 1)
- Quality stock - can also use bone broth
- An option from step 2
- All the veggies from step 3 - I try to get at least two varieties but one will do. Below is cauliflower and broccoli.
- Fresh herbs
- Step 4 - Extra toppings - fish/meat/seeds/nuts/sauces/avocado
So here is the method. Using just one pan you add the ingredients step by step to cook in the juices. Boiling veg gets a bad rap as you lose nutrients. However this method - they are just absorbed in the rest of the ingredients! Happy days.
Use the photos to guide and the table to make your own creation.
YOU WILL NEED TO ADJUST COOKING TIMES DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS
Now how easy is that!! Use the table below and follow the same method - adjusting cooking times as needed.
If you are wanting to remove step 1 then follow the same procedure - adjusting the amount of stock to cook the beans and veggies in. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE DRAINING ANY LIQUID. This is when you lose flavour and nutrients.
With step 4 this is something we will cover in the future but roasting meat and fish or stir frying in coconut oil and spices is super quick and easy. Use lots of garlic, ginger and spices.
NO EXCUSES FOR NOT DOING MEAL PREP NOW :)
Tag us in any of your creations!