Pan fried sea bass with keen bean quinoa
Pan fried sea bass and keen bean quinoa
To make 2 portions
- 2 seas bass fillets
- 100g quinoa (plain, black or red)
- 100g edamame beans (cooked)
- 50g tinned kidney beans drained
- Hand full of raw sugar snaps and green beans
- 1 cube veg stock in 150ml of water
- Half a bunch of parsley and mint
- Equal amounts of lemon juice, honey or maple and olive oil. Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa with veg stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice up your choice of beans, and cut up your herbs while the quinoa is cooking.
- Make your dressing by adding everything together and whisking with a fork.
- Add all your ingredients to your quinoa and mix well. Leave on a very low heat.
- Heat a non stick pan and dollop some coconut oil in.
- Pan fry the sea bass fillets skin side down for 5 minutes
- Flip over a fry for 2 minutes
- Mix the herbs in the quinoa and serve up with the fish and some slices of lemon.
Protein - 34g / Carbs - 22.2g / Fat - 13.5g / Calories - 396kcal
This recipe is perfect for cooking in the evening and then re using the quinoa as lunch or pre workout meal. Top with a different fish or meat and you are done!
Quinoa is a gluten free grain and is a rich source of amino acids and minerals. The balance of this meal with the protein packed fish and anti inflammatory properties of the herbs and veg will supercharge your recovery. Sneaking extra protein from the beans also!