A list of simple fat loss tips
Here is a list of simple fat loss tips that maybe help in your pathway to a leaner body.
Remove all liquid calories such as fizzy drinks, fruit juices and alcohol
Balance your omega 3 to omega 6 fat intake. Eat fish and free range meat but limit omega-6 sources such as processed meats, deep fried foods and factory farmed produce.
- Eat high quality protein at each meal —organic meat, eggs, wild fish, legumes and dairy will provide the largest nutrient and protein content per calorie.
- Try to include plant based foods at every meal
- Manage your blood sugar by lowering the glycemic load (GL) by combining foods with olive oil, vinegar, lemon, lime, or pair them with pickled foods.
- Include antioxidant rich foods to reduce inflammation, which can inhibit fat loss. Try kale, broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, berries, pomegranates, and cherries.
- Eliminate all trans-fats from your diet such as margarine, biscuits, doughnuts and crackers—they MUST be removed from the diet.
- Eliminate all processed foods from your diet—don’t eat them ever.
- Make sure your vitamin D level is over 40 ng/ml. If it’s not, take a vitamin D supplement or get daily full body sun exposure.
- Look after your gut. Eat probiotic foods such as kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, and miso.
- Make sure your magnesium level is optimal. Magnesium supports insulin health, muscle strength, and sleep. Foods such as seeds, nuts, quality meat, seafood and beans have good levels of magnesium. If supplementing steer clear of magnesium oxide
- Assess your zinc status because it is critical for metabolism and fat loss. It is also a potent immune booster.
- Don’t buy cheap, poor quality supplements because they will do more harm than good if they are tainted with heavy metals or pollutants. Contact us if you need advice or wait for the supplementation section to be released on the site
- Boost your B - vitamins! The Bs are involved in food absorption, protein metabolism, the use of muscle glycogen and can improve detoxification pathways. Foods such as shellfish, beans, seeds, green leafy veg and nuts have good levels of B-vitamins
- Drink coffee or take caffeine before workouts to increase fat burning and work capacity—research shows we will self select heavier loads if we take caffeine before training.
- Make it a priority to get enough sleep. An early to bed, early to rise sleep pattern has been shown to improve body composition
- Fix your gut. Low stomach acid, chronic inflammation in the gut, or bad bacteria all inhibit fat loss. Improve gut health by eliminating food intolerances, eating pre and probiotic food and optimising fiber intake.
- Reduce your stress. It’s possible stress is the primary factor inhibiting your fat loss. It throws metabolic hormones out of whack, alters sleep, and triggers sugar cravings.
- Meal prep to take the decision stress away of what to eat at each meal. Prep at least 3 meals per week for lunches or snacks.
- Know that you have complete control over what you put in your mouth. No one ever ate anything by accident.
Now you have read through make a note of the 2 most relevant points to you and implement a plan to change them....NOW!