Tandoori chicken with turmeric veggie rice
Meal prep this for a damn tasty meal loaded with veggies and health boosting spices.
Unless you have the chopping skills of a michelin star chef using a food processor is going to save alot of time.
- 600g Chicken, thighs - skinless and boneless
- 3x large carrots
- 300g Brown rice, basmati, boiled
- 1 whole Broccoli
- 1 whole Cauliflower
- 1 large red onions
- 1 can (240g) chick peas
- 2 Courgettes
- 3x tablespoon Turmeric
- 3x tablespoon Tandoori spice mix
- 3x tablespoon Garlic
- 3x tablespoon Cumin
- 3x tablespoon Coriander
- Coat the chicken in the tandoori spice mix
- Place on grill pan
- Chop all veg into bite size pieces and blitz in a food processor until rice size
- Put in a large bowl and mix with chickpeas, turmeric, cumin and coriander
- Wash rice in water and rinse - place in a pan and cook as per packet instructions (if using pre cooked packet rice just whack it in with the veggies)
- Bring the rice to the boil and cook as per instructions (roughly 15 minutes)
- Get two large non stick pans and place the garlic with some coconut oil in both.
- Pour half the veggie mix into each pan and start to fry off.
- Pour a little water on the veggies. Keep moving to ensure all the veg is cooked. Will take around 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken under a hot grill for 6 minutes each side
- Pour the cooked rice into the veggies and mix
- Can add fresh herbs if you have them
This makes 6-8 portions depending on how big you want them!
6 portions is 435g - 34g protein, 33g carbs, 12g fat, 10g fibre
8 portions is 325g - 26g protein, 25g carbs, 9g fat, 7g fibre
Top with some cucumber raita (not included in macros) - 80 calories per serving