3 recipes to make this week
Here are 3 recipes to try this week. The first is from an awesome website Food For Fitness. They have some really great recipes on there. The last one is my own go to meal when I need a nutrient dense meal that is super quick.
Sweet potato stovies
Stovie is similar to bubble and squeak - leftovers from a roast dinner on a Sunday that are cooked and eaten during the week. This is a really simple recipe that can whipped up in around 30 minutes.
This is a YELLOW meal so use as a post workout meal when training late evening or for your pre training meal / snack.
Feel free to use different mince or shredded leftover meat from Sunday lunch.
Mushroom and spinach frittata
Mushrooms and spinach are a powerhouse combo. Mushrooms contain b-vitamins and vitamin D whilst spinach packs good levels of folate, vitamin K and various trace minerals. Combining nutrient dense foods with a source of fat such as eggs increases the absorption of these nutrients.
This super simple recipe is a GREEN meal and can be used as a quick evening meal. However I like to make this and use as a breakfast option or afternoon meal.
Pan fried steak with pesto green veg
- One large sirloin steak
- Green beans
- 1 tablespoon of pesto (homemade or jar)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a non stick pan and fry the steak to your liking.
- Once the steak is covered and resting place the green veg in a steamer to steam for 5 minutes.
- In the pan you cooked the steak gently fry the garlic and then add the green veg and pesto
- Pan fry for 3 minutes to warm through and combine the sauce
- Serve it up with the steak - feel free to top with some sliced almonds