Artichoke & aubergine rice
A great meal prep recipe using ingredients we often overlook. Artichokes and aubergines are great sources of fibre. The perfect based for any fish or meat or use as a vegetarian meal.
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 50 MINS
SERVINGS : 6
PRO + VEG + CARB
- 2 aubergines cut into chunks
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small pack parsley leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 400g paella rice
- 1½ Kallo vegetable stock
- 1 x 230g jar chargrilled artichokes
- 2 lemons 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
Carbs 58g - sugars 9g - fibre 11g
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or paella pan. Fry the aubergines until nicely coloured on all sides (add another tbsp of oil if the aubergine begins catching too much), then remove and set aside. Add another tbsp of oil to the pan and lightly fry the onion for 2-3 mins or until softened.
- Add the garlic and parsley stalks, cook for a few mins more, then stir in the spices and rice until everything is well coated. Heat for 2 mins, add half the stock and cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking.
- Nestle the aubergine and artichokes into the mixture, pour over the rest of the stock and cook for 20 mins more or until the rice is cooked through. Chop the parsley leaves, stir through with the lemon juice and season well.
- Bring the whole pan to the table and spoon into bowls, with the lemon wedges on the side