Creamy chicken fricassee & broccoli rice
Recipe from Mindful chef.
450 kcal Anytime meal
PREP TIME - 10 mins
COOK - 20 mins
120g chestnut mushrooms
1/2 vegetable stock cube
1 red onion
1 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves
2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
40g creamed coconut
Medium handful of fresh tarragon
1. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Thinly slice the red onion and the chestnut mushrooms. Trim the ends of the celery and thinly slice.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the garlic, onion and celery for 3 mins. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 7 mins until turning golden. Then add the mushrooms and cook for 3 mins. Pour in the coconut milk and crumble in the half stock cube. Simmer gently for 5-10 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, grate the broccoli into a rice consistency using a grater. Or blitz in food processor. Heat a saucepan over a gentle heat and add the broccoli rice with 2 tbsp water, cook for 3-4 mins, stirring constantly until the broccoli has slightly softened. Stir in half of the juice from half of the lemon.
5. Roughly chop the tarragon. Stir through the chicken fricassee.
6. Spoon the chicken fricassee onto two warm plates alongside the broccoli rice. Drizzle over the juice from the remaining half lemon.
Per serving - 454 KCAL