Sweet Chilli Salmon Meal Prep Bowls
Using pre cooked rice this training meal prep recipe is super quick and damn tasty.
COOK: 25 MINS
SERVINGS : 5
550 kcal TRAINING MEAL
1 lime cut into wedges
1/2 red cabbage, sliced very thin
2 large carrots, cut into very thin strips
150g frozen or fresh edamame
4 spring onions sliced
Coriander and parsley
2 green peppers, sliced
2 red peppers
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Coconut aminos or soy sauce, for serving, 4 tablespoons
4 large salmon fillets or one side of salmon (720 g)
2 tbsps raw honey
3 packets of cooked brown rice (Uncle bens style) 750 g
1/2 tbsps chili flakes,
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
kcal 555 kcal
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a small bowl mix honey, salt and chili flakes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the salmon fillets, leaving space between.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 spray of olive oil in a large non stick pan over med-high heat. Add in carrots, bell peppers, red cabbage and edamame.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and saute for about 6-8 minutes, until the veggies are still crisp, but beginning to soften to your liking.
- Divide brown rice equally between four meal prep bowls and top equally with veggie mixture.
- Add salmon and garnish with sesame seeds, sliced green onions, fresh chopped coriander or parsley, lime wedges, and coconut aminos if desired.
- Keeps in fridge for up to 5 days.