Sweet potato brownies
Seriously one of the best recipes we have created! Use pre or post workout or pre bed warmed up with a little yoghurt.
PREP TIME - 10 mins
COOK - 20 mins
Makes 8 brownies
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 6 squares of 75% dark chocolate (roughly 30-40g)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 large tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
(Optional chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs)
- Pre heat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Peel and chop sweet potato into cubes. Place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Cook in microwave for 8 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a glass bowl over a pan of water. (or melt in microwave after the potatoes)
- Place all wet ingredients (eggs, honey, chocolate, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter) into a bowl. Using an electric whisk mix well. Then add sweet potato and mix until a batter forms.
- Now place all dry ingredients in (almond flour, cacao powder, cinnamon) and mix until combined.
- Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish with butter or melted coconut oil.
- Pour mixture in and bake for 20 minutes.
- Tip onto wire rack and let cool.
- Now try to resist eating half of it in one sitting!