Turkey meatballs and quinoa tabbouleh
An excellent post workout meal for evening training.
450 kcal training meal
PREP TIME - 10 mins
COOK - 20 mins
Makes 2 servings
200g lean Turkey Mince
1 small onion
1 tbsp cajun spice
Quinoa - raw uncooked (100 g)
250ml Vegetable Stock
1 small Courgette
100g Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Place turkey, egg, onion and cajun spice in a bowl and mix well with salt and pepper
2. Form into small golf balls
3. Boil kettle and place quinoa and stock in pan. Cover until water 2cm above the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Grate the courgette
5. Fry the meatballs in coconut oil until browning on all sides. Add a small amount of water to the pan, cover with a lid and cook for further 8 minutes
6. Meatballs should be hot in the middle
7. Mix yoghurt, mint and lemon in a bowl
8. Drain the quinoa and mix with courgette, nuts and herbs
9. Place everything in a bowl and drizzle the yoghurt over
Alternatively you can use the quick cook packs of quinoa and just add the fresh herbs and nuts. You can also buy pre made turkey meatballs!