Fresh, low carb, simple to prep alternative to the classic carbonara.
PRO + FAT
PREP TIME - 10 mins
COOK - 10 mins
- 2 medium courgette
- Juice of half a lemon
- 5 oz. (140g) bacon, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 oz.(60g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾-1 cup (175-250ml) water, hot
- Spiralize the courgette and place them in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice. Or just use pre bough courgetti
- Heat a dry non-stick frying pan and fry the bacon strips for 8 min, on medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Add in the garlic and fry for another 1 min then set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place the avocado with half Parmesan cheese in a blender, add water and season with salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
- Mix the avocado puree and bacon through the courgetti, divide onto four plates and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan to serve.
Per serving - 278 KCAL