Meal prep Mexican chili con carne
Make this big batch of mexican chili to use for lunches or to freeze for a quick go to meal. Takes 15 minutes to prep and then its just a bit of stirring! EASY!
This recipe can be used to make any meal. It is a BALANCED meal if eaten alone. However add some rice to make a PRO + VEG + CARB meal or some gaucamole and salad to make a PRO + VEG + FAT meal
PREP - 10 mins - COOK - 1 hour
- 1 x tin of black beans
- 1 x tin of red kidney beans
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 500g minced pork or turkey
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 pack of smoked bacon - fat trimmed and sliced
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 jar chipotle mexican paste
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g good quality can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml red wine
- 200ml beef or chicken stock
- 1 bunch coriander
- 5 squares of good quality dark chocolate
Makes 6 servings
Protein - 45g
Carbs - 35g
Fat - 22g
Calories - 518kcal
We suggest to freeze some portions for a quick meal.
Use your meal prep tupperware to store easily.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or pot and add the onion and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and bacon and cook for further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook for 5-8 minutes - just to brown some of it off
- Add all the spices and paste and coat the meat
- Wack the tomato puree, tomatoes, red wine and HALF the stock. Stir well and season with salt and pepper
- Leave to simmer for 1 hour - stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to pan.
- Add beans and chocolate to the mix with the rest of the stock. Stir well.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- After this it is ready to eat - but you can leave to cook on low heat to intensify flavour or make thicker.
- Top with coriander and skyr yoghurt and serve