Mexican Sausage stew
An awesome one pot recipe that can prepped up in no time. Depending on the type of sausage you use this can be a balanced meal or protein and carb meal.
- 2 red bell pepper (248 g)
- 2 cans Black Beans, (850 g)
- Tomato, Canned, 2 can (800 g)
- Thyme, 3 handful (6 g)
- Chicken stock, 2 cups (486 g)
- Chicken sausages (or very lean pork), 10 link (840 g)
- Onion 1 cup (157 g)
- 8 garlic clove (32 g)
- Chipotle paste, 1 small jar (85 g)
- Coconut Oil, 1 teaspoon (4 g)
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry using a small amount of coconut oil in a large deep pan for 8 minutes.
Add the chipotle paste, chopped peppers and sausages and fry for further 5 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes, thyme and the stock and mix well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained beans and mix well. Now you may have to add a little more liquid here if has got too sticky. However it is upto you, if you like it with a bit more sauce then add some water to thin it slightly. Cook for further 10 minutes until desired consistency.
- Serve with some steamed greens or some root vegetable mash for an excellent immune boosting meal.
Protein - 38.8 g
Carbs - 63.1 g
Fats - 27.2 g