Pumpkin and spinach frittata
A frittata is an excellent meal prep recipe or a use it all up meal. This one contains pumpkin and spinach and garlic. Simple and tasty.
PRO + CARB
PREP TIME - 10 mins
COOK - 12 mins
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 450g pumpkin cut into cubes
- Steam pumpkin cubes for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Heat the coconut oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the pumpkin and onion and saute for 5 minutes until golden in colour.
- Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for a further 5 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the garlic and spinach, seasoning and stir. Cover and cook for 2 minutes for the spinach to wilt.
- Remove the cover, add the beaten eggs and cook over a low heat until the eggs are starting to set.
- Place the pan under a hot grill and cook until the eggs are set and the frittata is golden. DONE.