Quick poached eggs with sweet potato hash browns
An excellent weekend breakfast that can be used pre or post workout
COOK TIME - 12 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 medium Free Range Eggs
- 1 tsp dried sage Spray oil (x 10 sprays)
- 115g pack baby spinach
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100g cherry tomatoes
1. Peel and coarsely grate the sweet potatoes. Beat one of the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the sweet potato and sage; mix well. Season.
2. Warm a large non-stick frying pan with some spray oil over a medium heat. Cook 2 flattened rounds of sweet potato mixture for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crisp. Set aside and keep warm. Add the spinach to the pan with about 2 teaspoons of cold water and season. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just wilted. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil over a high heat. Add the vinegar. Crack the 2 remaining eggs into a bowl, then slide into the water. Simmer very gently for 3-4 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
4. Place a hash brown on each plate, top with spinach and then an egg. Season before serving. Delicious with roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine.
Energy 350 kcals
Fat - 14g
Carbohydrate - 33g
Protein - 23g