Roasted salmon and Sweet potato pad thai
A good pancake can be used as a pre or post workout snack. Easy to digest these are a staple in our plans. Great for competitions also. Make into a balanced meal by adding nut butter in the middle on them or topping with some Coconut yoghurt.
PRO + CARB
PREP TIME - 10 mins
COOK - 5 mins
- 2 medium Sweet Potato (400 g)
- Half a medium sized red cabbage (roughly 200g)
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Coriander Leaves, 1 bunch
- Peanuts (45 g)
- Sesame Oil, 1 tsp (5 g)
- Coconut Oil, 1 teaspoon (4 g)
- 1 lime
- Siracha style Chilli sauce, 1 tablespoons (17 g)
1. Pre heat oven to 180 c
2. Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and chilli sauce. Stir or whisk until combined, then set aside.
3. Using a peeler slice the potato into ribbons.
4. Place salmon skin side down on a roasting tray and pop into the oven
5. Using 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, sauté onions and garlic in a large pan, until slightly browned.
6. Add the cabbage to the pan and sauté for another 3-4 minutes, then add the sweet potato ribbons and sauté until softened and slightly browned, around 5 minutes.
7. Place the sweet potato and cabbage mixture into a serving bowl and add the coriander, basil, and peanuts, tossing to combine. Pour the sauce over the dish and toss to coat.
8. Either place the salmon on top on flake and combine