Sweet Potato, Quinoa thai veggie satay bowl
Possibly one of our favourite recipes. A protein packed veggie bowl of lick your plate goodness. Top with eggs or fish for extra protein
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
SERVINGS : 4
PRO + VEG + CARB
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (500 g)
- Quinoa, uncooked, 1 cup (150 g)
- Garlic, 4 garlic clove (16 g)
- Ginger Root, 2 tablespoon (14 g)
- Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp (13 g)
- Cumin, 1 tablespoon (7 g)
- Lime, 3 limes (204 g)
- Almond or peanut Butter, 2 tbsp (32 g)
- Soy Sauce, 3 tbsp (54 g)
- Green Beans (150 g)
- Cashew Nuts (40 g)
- Broccoli, 1 head (400 g)
- Preheat oven to 425F.Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss sweet potatoes with garlic, ginger, coconut oil, and cumin until well coated. Roast for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, rinse quinoa and place in a pot with the water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 10 minutes. Then add the green beans and broccoli to the pan and cook for further 5 minutes. Once cooked, let rest 10 minutes off heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, almond or peanut butter, grated ginger and soy sauce.
- Combine sweet potatoes and cooked quinoa veggie mix in a large bowl. Pour dressing over ingredients and add cashews. Toss together to combine.