Vegan chilli with cauliflower rice
A protein packed vegan meal with some anti inflammatory spices. Excellent meal to be used to recover from training
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
SERVINGS : 4
PRO + CARB + VEG
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1.3 lbs. (600g) tomato passata
- 2 tbsp. tomato purée
- 2 x 14 oz. (400g) tins black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 14 oz. (400g) tin red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Chili flakes
- 1.7 lbs. (800g) cauliflower rice (or make your own in a food processor)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 oz. (28g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic until fragrant. Add the carrots, tomato passata and purée, black beans, kidney beans, paprika and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 mins stirring often.
In the meantime, prepare the cauliflower rice. Heat the remaining 2 tsp. coconut oil in a pan and toss in the cauliflower rice. Add the onion powder and turmeric, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
Once chili is ready, serve in a bowl alongside the spiced cauliflower rice. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and chopped fresh parsley to serve.