Veggie Egg Nests
A lovely weekend breakfast or brunch recipe...actually a good evening meal also!
PREP: 5 MINS
COOK: 12 MINS - ish
SERVINGS : 2
PRO + FAT + VEG
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls chopped kale
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil, 2 tsp
- Cut the ends off of your sweet potato and zucchini, and spiralize using the smallest noodle shape attachment. Trim the noodles so they are not too long.
- In a medium-sized non-stick pan add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Once hot, add spring onions and spiralized sweet potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Remove to a bowl with the spiralized zucchini, kale, thyme, and salt and pepper; toss all ingredients together.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in the same pan over medium-low. Add the veggie mixture and form into a nest-type shape with a shallow hole in the middle, leaving room for the egg. Repeat this once more so 2 nests are in the pan at the same time.
- Crack an egg into the middle of each nest, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for 4-8 minutes, until the egg is cooked to your preference. Repeat once more with the remaining spiralized mixture and eggs, to make a total of 4 nests.
- Serve with sliced avocado and salt.